- Film and Television
- General Entertainment
- Internet and New Media
- Copyright and Literary Property
- Expert Witnessing
The Law Office of Ezra Doner specializes in the production, finance and distribution of motion pictures and television programs, as well as copyright and literary property law. Mr. Doner represents motion picture and television producers, distributors, investors, financiers, writers, filmmakers, rights holders and talent and literary agencies. He is also active in related industries such as music, marketing and advertising.
His client work includes complex rights transactions, film and television library transactions including motion picture remakes, co-production and distribution arrangements, purchase of entertainment assets in bankruptcies, high level talent and filmmaker agreements, and innovative film finance.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Doner was an executive at film companies in Los Angeles and New York, including Miramax Films, Gladden Entertainment, Cinema Group and Paramount Pictures. He is a graduate of Yale College and Columbia Law School and a member of the New York and California bars.
Columbia Law School, JD; Yale University, BA
New York; California
Past or Present Memberships and Offices
- IFTA (Independent Film and Television Alliance) – Arbitration Panel; Legal Committee
- BAFTA (British Academy of Film & Television Arts) – Member at Large
- ABA (American Bar Association) – Forum on Sports & Entertainment Law: Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Sports & Entertainment
- NYSBA (New York State Bar Association) – Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- NYCBA (New York City Bar Association) – Entertainment Law and Copyright Committees
- AMEC (Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel) – Chair of the New York Steering Committee